Today’s cameras are nothing like the cameras that were used in the 1950s. These devices have completely evolved and are now among the most technologically advanced devices. Cameras have come a long way. If you take a look at the history of cameras, you will be amazed by how much they have evolved. Modern cameras are compact and have powerful tools the help them to capture high-quality videos and photos.
There are very many camera options in The Kenyan market. If you are looking for a good camera to capture quality moments in your life, you will be spoilt for choice when you start your search. Like other types of electronic products, the more you spend, the better the quality of the camera you are going to get. However, prices also vary based on brand and where you are buying from.
Cameras come in many different designs, types, and capabilities. Most photography enthusiasts in Kenya have a digital camera. People love this type of camera because they are compact, are easy to use and have lots of attractive features. Some of today’s digital cameras can even connect to the internet, allowing users to share photos captured with their loved ones. With such a camera, you can capture photos and upload them directly to Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
Competition between the leading camera manufactures has pushed them to make high tech cameras with features that people could not imagine to find in cameras a few years ago. Some high-tech cameras available in the Kenyan market today are waterproof. This basically means that they can be used underwater. This type of camera is very popular among scuba divers and people who love underwater stunts.
Below, we take a close look at the prices of cameras that you can buy in Kenya today. We also provide a guide that will help you choose the best when you want to get yourself one.
Camera Prices in Kenya
There are many camera types in Kenya. With the market expanding every day, different manufacturers are scrambling to get the attention of shoppers. Furthermore, more and more camera brands are getting into the Kenyan market every day. You will find so many camera types in Kenya, from the simple cheap cameras to the very expensive high-tech cameras.
You can buy cameras from leading electronic shops near you or online on trusted eCommerce stores. See below the latest prices of cameras in Kenya:
- Digital camera prices in Kenya
- Nikon camera prices in Kenya
- CCTV camera prices in Kenya
- Canon Camera prices in Kenya
- Drone camera prices in Kenya
As stated earlier in this article, digital cameras are the most popular in Kenya. These cameras are suitable for both personal and professional use. Some digital cameras are restricted to capturing photos while there are others that can capture both photos and videos.
Factors to consider when buying a camera
There is a number of factors that you should keep in mind when you want to buy the best camera. Although the availability of a wide range of cameras in Kenya is a good thing, very many options make it difficult for a person who does not have much knowledge in matters camera to choose the right one. You have to be careful to find the right camera, especially if you are looking for the best for professional use. Fortunately, we discuss the most important factors that you should consider when looking for a good camera below. The factors include:
- Functionality – What kind of performance do you want? What features do you want in a camera? This is one of the key things that you should consider when looking for the best camera to buy. Check the number of pixels, quality of the lens, optical zoom, aperture size and other features that affect the overall quality of the images captured.
- Design – If you are looking for the best camera for personal use, it’s best that you choose a camera that is compact. Cameras come in different styles and designs. Choose the one that suits your taste and style.
- Your budget – How much money are you willing to spend? Remember, a high price is not always a reflection of good quality. Remember, you can get a good camera with less than KSh. 10,000. So, while being price sensitive, make sure you are getting the best value for money by shopping around and comparing.
- Ease of use – Its always wise to choose a camera that is easy to use. Read reviews to know what others who have used a given camera say about the ease of use.
- Brand – It is always best to buy a camera from a reputable brand.