Toyota is no doubt one of the most popular car brands in Kenya. And this is because of a lot of reasons. Kenyans love quality, class, and style associated with Toyota cars. Toyota is one of the brands that you should consider, whether you are looking for a commercial or personal car. Toyota has managed to remain at the top by being innovative and producing better cars every year. The Toyota Wish is one of their most popular cars in Kenya.
If you are looking for a comfortable good looking vehicle that is easy to maintain, spacious and relatively affordable, the Toyota Wish is definitely one of the cars that you should consider. This automobile has everything you will need from a midsized vehicle but it’s not very pricey. With this vehicle, you will be able to carry 7 members of your family and friends comfortably whenever you have to travel together. In addition, this car will not drain your account fast because it is fuel-efficient and spare parts are readily available in the country.
The Wish is one of the best car you can go for if you love the corolla line but need more space. You can buy it if you want to enjoy what Toyota Corolla car offers i.e. quality, efficiency, and functionality but you need more space.
Although the Wish is not the best Toyota cars you can buy in the country, it is a reliable car that will serve you well every day. It has ample cargo space and is remarkably fuel-efficient. Fuel efficiency is obviously an important thing to consider when you are looking for a car for daily use.
Below, we take a look at the features of the Wish and how much money you need to buy it in Kenya. You will find everything you need to know to decide whether it’s the car you should buy.
Toyota Wish Prices in Kenya
Toyota stopped the production of the Wish in 2017, but it is still readily available in Kenya. You can import this car directly from Japan or buy it from a local car dealer.
This car is not as expensive as you might imagine when you take a quick look at its features. At the time of writing, the price of the 2017 Toyota Wish model ranges from KSh. 1.5 million to KSh. 1.8 million.
Most people in Kenya buy used cars. You can get a used Toyota Wish to serve you for a long time without problems. There are two options – You can go for either a locally used or Foreign used Toyota Wish. Price obviously depends on the condition of the vehicle.
Prices of Foreign Used Toyota Wish in Kenya
- 2011 – 2012: KSh1.1 Million to KSh.1.2 Million
- 2012 – 2014: KSh1.2 Million to KSh.1.4 Million
- 2015 – 2016: KSh1.5 Million to KSh.1.7 Million
- 2017: 1.8 Million
Prices of Locally used Toyota Wish in Kenya
- 2005 – 2007: KSh.500,000 to KSh.600,000
- 2007 – 2009: KSh.600,000 to KSh.800,000
- 2009 – 2010: KSh.800,000 to KSh.1.1 Million
- 2010 – 2011: KSh.1.1 Million to 1.2 Million
Things you need to know about Toyota Wish
- This car offers a good amount of space. It has ample legroom for passengers and loads of space for luggage.
- This vehicle was officially released in Japan in 2013.
- This vehicle can carry 8 people (the driver and 7 passengers). Toyota Wish has three rows of seats.
- The Wish has two variants – 1.8L and 2.0L. The 2.0L variant is the best choice if you want more power but the 1/L engine option is also powerful enough.
- This vehicle is responsive and stable on the road. It is also fuel-efficient. Gear shifts are smooth.
- The estimated fuel consumption of this car ranges from 12.8KM per liter to 14.4KM per liter.
- It’s affordable – When you take a look at this car, you will imagine that it is more expensive than it actually is. This is because of its features, design, and appearance. If you are looking for value for money, this is one of the cars that you should take a look at.
- Fuel efficient – Fuel economy is very important to most people buying cars in Kenya. Despite the fact that it can carry 8 people and has ample load carrying space, it is a fuel-efficient car that you can use to move around on daily basis.
- Low maintenance cost – This car’s spare parts are readily available in the country. These spare parts are affordable and there are enough mechanics to help whenever you have a problem.